Thursday, May 22, 2008

Loneliness

I don't pretend I know the secret to be happy alone, but sometimes people ask me if I have a girlfriend or childrens and a lot of people seems to think that living alone is a terrible thing. So I tell them I'm happy like that to reassure them... Or is it to reassure me? So I took some time to think this through... I can't pretend that if a had the choice, I'd be alone, but between this and what I see in most (I said most, not all) couples, I prefer my situation. You see, I am a strange person, but I can't go and talk to my friends about how dumb I think my girlfriend his, and then come back home and tell her I love her. Most of you will think that is obvious, but listen to your coworkers talk about their "loved ones" and you'll know what i'm talking about.

When I say I want to wait for the good one I really meen it. Even if she never comes, I am prepared to wait, and anyway, I enjoy my life really! It's not perfect, it's pretty boring some days, but at least it gives me time to think, and thinking is the thing I enjoy the most! If I die one day, I hope it is from brain explosion because I would have been thinking too much!

thinking too much has its downsides though, I'm not an easy person to live with... But I'm assuming it now and I know myself better having spent so many time with me! And now more then ever before, I can say I know what I want to do with my life, and even how I'm going to do it, so whoever feels fit to jump in and live this life with me that's great. But I won't let anyone slow me down like I did so many times before. I know that may sound selfish, but that's what I want to do...

1 comment:

VV said...

this is a good thing to do, what you´ve decided now, David. You know it´s not easy :) but stick to it anyway, that´s your road you´re looking at..